Providing concise definitions and explanations on all aspects of the European Union, this latest edition also includes details of the 10 states that became full members of the European Union in May 2004.
- Over 1,000 entries
- Explains the terminology surrounding the EU and outlines the roles and significance of the institutions, member countries, programs and policies, treaties and personalities
- Clear and succinct definitions
- Spells out acronyms and abbreviations
- Entries include: Globalization; PHARE; Treaty of Nice; Helmut Schmidt; Anti-Fraud Office (OLAF); Tampere Summit; Governance White Paper; Valéry Giscard d'Estaing
- Arranged alphabetically and fully cross-referenced